- As County Executive, Robin Ficker will partner with Governor Larry Hogan to implement the Governor’s “End Gridlock Plan" to combat traffic congestion by attracting private sector investment to add new lanes to I-270 and the Capital Beltway.
- I-270 improvements should include relief for the section from Montgomery Village to Clarksburg.
- Construction of the M-83 will be in Robin Ficker’s first Capital Improvement Budget proposal as County Executive.
- Fixing our existing public transit resources, such as the Metro and Ride On systems, should be prioritized over new investments. We have failed transit riders by allowing these existing systems to deteriorate. While some new initiatives, such as the Purple Line, may alleviate some congestion, new investments in it should not come at the expense of our existing transportation services.
- There are presently 155 planned road projects in our County which have not yet been funded. As County Executive, Robin Ficker will work to get state funding to improve the roads in Montgomery County.
- Sound long-term planning requires the county to be open to “future-proof” its transportation network. This includes cooperating with our neighboring jurisdictions to study all options for relieving the bottle-neck at the American Legion Bridge connecting Virginia with Maryland.
Do you like this page?